Famous Y Bridge from the Air, Zanesville, Ohio

I'll bet making a left turn was a snap

Here’s a postcard that Kay Anthony received in 1947 as part of a swap.  Mildred Wickham of Cumberland, Ohio, wrote the card on July 10, 1947, but didn’t mail it until four days later.  Mildred writes:

“Dear Pal: Thanks for lovely v. card of last mo. It wasn’t stamped at all in P.O. It’s raining this eve. I took ill last eve stomach spell, sore mouth. It’s due to a lack of vitamon (sic) B. Because my system won’t absorb it properly. I take lots of them. Jesus is precious to me & He never fails, Bless His sweet name.”

Postcard friends from long ago

This is a Curteich “C. T. Art Colortone” postcard, number 6B-H224, manufactured in 1946 and distributed by the Black and Grant Company of Zanesville.

P.S. Don’t forget to check out the other bloggers celebrating Postcard Friendship Friday!

I can certainly see why it’s famous! It makes me want to sing YMCA!

Ohio is a funny state.. they even have a town called Napoleon which I want to go too:)

3. Müge says:

I’ve never been to the USA but if I visit one day Ohio I’d like to see that very interesting Y bridge. Does it still exist?

4. dmarks says:

Midland, Michigan has a Y pedestrian bridge. It is called the Tridge.

Marie: They used to build Napoleon cars in my town.

5. Muse Swings says:

Wonder how many cars have overshot that intersection? Very interesting card and message – reminds me ..I haven’t taken my pills yet this morning…..

6. Judy says:

I never knew a y bridge existed. A fascinating postcard.

7. Catherine says:

That’s an impressive bridge ! All the precisions you gave are very interesting. A curiosity, no doubt.
    Thanks to share.

You are an amazing guy Chris! I see that you’ve been solving Finnish mysteries too!

9. Eddy says:

It’s incredible, a bridge that is divided into two, in 20th century.
    It’s a very fabulous building, I never seen that before.
    Thank you and happy PFF.

10. Interesting bridge! I didn’t know such a Y-bridge exists. Back here in Asia, we are used to the regular bridge. I can only imagine the traffic here in Phnom Penh if a Y-bridge is built here *lol*

Have a great weekend!

11. what a view, indeed! interesting bridge!

What an amazing bridge! I’ve never seen anything like that before. With the two rivers there, it must save quite a detour if they had only straightforward bridges. Or multiple bridges.