Municipal Courts Building, St. Louis, Mo.

Combination courthouse / mini-golf course

“Several years were required in completing this splendid building. Located on Washington Square. Contains many fine paintings. The Municipal Courts Building is directly west of City Hall.”  I’m thinking that some artistic license was taken with regards to the coloring of the landscaping.

This week’s entry for Postcard Friendship Friday the 13th is addressed to Miss Evelyn Chester, a neighbor of Kay Anthony.  From Granite City, Illinois on May 26, 1945, “Nellie” writes: “Hi — Hold everything in the road until I come back.”  Wait — you want me to do what now?

Whoa, Nellie!

Don’t forget to check out what the other PFF bloggers have on display this week.

1. Müge says:

A magnificient building indeed. I hope it is not lost among skyscrapers now.

I wish you a beautiful Friday,

Ciao,

2. Doctored-landscaping aside, it still is an impressive building! Don’t you think it’s very convenient to have a mini-golf course for the employees to play after office hours? Here in Phnom Penh there was a large outcry when a huge casino was built merely a stone’s throw away from a government office…

Impressive building! The gardens do look an odd shape, somehow as though painted on later.

4. C says:

What to do ?
    Well, carry out orders, I guess ? Nellie is used to get to the the heart of the matter, no? Do not try to argue, Evelyn.

An imposing building, like we get some in Paris, Commensurate with American measures, maybe.

Just for information, in France, baby girls are born in Roses, of course. You shoudn’t ignore that, Chris. Cabbages against Roses, the game is over before it starts.
    Just kidding, since you don’t know me.

Bon Week-end ! (anglicism)

Whoa Nellie is right! I wonder what the heck was going on!

6. Denise says:

Funny my card is from Nellie. She sure gets around. LOL Denise

7. Margo M says:

I bet the flowers and grass actually looked like that then. This hope is the only thing that keeps me from concreting in my entire yard. I love Nellie. She’d be a great twitterer if she was around now.

8. Janeen says:

Oh if this card could talk! Hmm the mystery of it’s meaning. Fun card for PFF.