Red Square, Moscow

Yana sends this beautiful and atypical view of Red Square in Moscow. There’s also supposed to be a letter coming, according to the postcard; Yana says that she posted both a letter and this postcard at the same time, and is curious as to which would arrive first.  I shall have to write to her once I receive her letter and give her the results. (Oops, guess I should have waited to post this!)

The postcard was mailed on 15 February and arrived yesterday, without stamps. From the postmark, it is clear that there were two stamps (or more) attached to the card; I can still see and feel a trace of the glue. I don’t think they could have been swiped so cleanly; they must have slipped off in transit. What are the Russians making their stamp glue out of? Potatoes?

Don’t forget to check out the other blogs celebrating Postcard Friendship Friday today; they’ll stick to you!

1. Christine says:

That is just gorgeous!

I would have thought they would arrive at the same time. I wonder what makes the mail so slow.

3. Moscow is really beautiful and this postcard shows off the Red Square with an unusual shot.

How interesting that the post card arrived first-

Hopefully the letter will still have its stamps intact!

4. Mary Doan says:

This postcard makes the square seem so small when in fact it is gigantic! Interesting.

5. Joy says:

I like the unusual viewpoint at the heart of the city. Unlike Mary when I visited Red Square it was smaller then I imagined, after seeing films of tanks rumbling through it thought it would be bigger, so perfect card for me.

6. Snap says:

Beautiful card! Just lovely. Happy PFF!

7. Lay Hoon says:

This is such gorgeous !!

8. Ana says:

yup, the Russian postal service has really gotten slow lately….I complain everywhere about it :p
    However, the card is gorgeous….if only it wasnt postmarked on the front.
    Oh, btw….something by a railroad arrived to me…thanks a real lot! You know that I love it! :)

9. Chris, a great postcard of Red Square. :) I have a PFF up at my blog. Forgot to sign up at Beth’s… :)

10. That’s the first time I’ve seen the Red Square looking quite so red! The colour has never really registered in my mind before, I’m ashamed to admit. I find cards to and from Russia take the best part of a month, if not more.